Careers at Redwood Merchant Services
We're looking for people that want to work in a dynamic industry where their contribution matters. Our mission is to help our merchants lower their costs, increase sales, expand their customer base, and operate more efficiently. If you think you can make a difference, join the team at Redwood Merchant Services.
We provide training where you will, under limited supervision, support customer service activities by directing and overseeing team members, resolving customer questions or complaints, and developing programs and procedures to enhance productivity and performance. You will learn to personally handle more complex service situations. You will learn to be the primary trainer for new staff and monitor the performance of customer service staff.
Oversee the Customer Service staff to ensure that they provide effective and courteous service with a particular emphasis on making sure that:
- Schedule representatives so customer service lines are covered during hours of operation.
- Customer service matters are promptly addressed, owned, and resolved by each service representative.
- All open incidents are systematically reviewed and completed to avoid stale or dropped calls.
Personally handle escalated or more complex customer calls.
Be involved in the interviewing of new staff. Serves as primary trainer for new staff and monitors performance of service representatives; assesses their performance; and addresses performance shortcomings.
Work in conjunction with the sales, data entry, and operations groups to implement new programs and address compliance issues related to terminal and front-end credit card equipment
Oversee the download and programming of POS equipment, and the prompt resolution of point of sale equipment problems.
Perform merchant pricing analysis and offer pricing proposals with an eye towards merchant retention.
Help develop training programs to cover new product and service roll-outs.
Minimum Knowledge, prior work experience, and skills needed to perform job functions:
- At least 2 years experience in leading a customer service staff to deliver superb service. The incumbent must have a track record in seeing that the customer experience constantly evolves for the better and the ability to instill this spirit in the staff members.
- Excellent knowledge of common office systems like Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Strong organizing and prioritizing skills and ability to quickly shift tasks in a fast paced environment.
Under the supervision of the Underwriter supervisor, review applications submitted for adherence to internal underwriting guidelines and standards. Make recommendations for credit line approvals based on identity validation, financial viability, and business requirements. Have the ability to balance business enablement with risk tolerance to make solid business decisions.
- Conduct due diligence reviews of business applications, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Validate documents provided with new applications using online publications and resources provided.
- Review and analyze credit and financial reports, financial statements, balance sheets, tax returns, etc.
- Prepare a written summary based on the analysis of applicant/customer information by the department standards.
- Apply appropriate underwriting criteria to applications following published credit policy to ensure financial exposure is appropriately mitigated.
- Utilize skills in problem identification, analysis, and resolution using available resources to accomplish duties.
- Review merchant applications to make sure all the necessary information is present, both on paperwork and website.
- Review applications with Risk Management and make applicable recommendations for account approval or denial.
- Assist in the completion of weekly and monthly reports for the Underwriting department.
- Assist with conducting audits of completed files.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of Underwriting experience in Pre-Paid, ACH, Banking, mortgage or Merchant Services/Acquiring industry desired but not required
- Capable of making quick, sound decisions with the ability to justify recommendations.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to "prioritize" workflow while being able to handle "multiple tasks" and stay organized.
- Possess the initiative to suggest and implement new ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working knowledge of the merchant processing and/or payment card industries is preferred.
Desired Skills for Applicants
- Accurately perform all job duties in a timely basis and professional manner.
- Appropriately respond or refer inquiries for resolution.
- Have the ability to manage multiple functions and processes and reprioritize effectively as needed.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Work in a collaborative environment and interact with various departments.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in relating with peers, management and customers. Treat all internal and external customers and coworkers with courtesy.
- Employ effective oral and written skills appropriate to the position.
Redwood Merchant Services is a division of Westamerica Bank